Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Seattle 2012

Click on the photo to see the album Seattle 2012
The album cover photo shows the annual Summer Green Lake Contradances, put on for free by a group of musicians. Here is a video:



THE big event for me in Seattle is the FOLKLIFE Festival, every year during Memorial Day Weekend (the last weekend in May), Friday through Monday.
I volunteer for it (this year I helped my friend Beth, who is a festival staff member, in the week before the event, and I worked at Festival Services), but 90% of the time I dance in the Roadhouse (now called Warren's Roadhouse, after a much beloved late organizer).

I want to include Doug Plummer's amazing videos ...


... and dance glimpses filmed by others (I am in the crowd somewhere, but not visible):

This is the Waltz Night:
In my few breaks from dancing, I enjoyed the jamming in the Hospitality Area (for performers and volunteers):
and I watched International Folkdancing:
Monday evening sees another amazing event, the "Folkfloor Party" (again, Doug Plummer):

No comments:

Post a Comment